Blepharoplasty is to rejuvenate the eyes by removal of excess skin and fat in both upper and lower eyelids. It also helps create eye folds for those who have low set or absence of eyelids.
Incisions could be made:
- Inside the eyelid — if you only need excess fatty tissue removed.
- Outside the eyelid — just underneath the lid margin and the skin gently pulled back to allow the surgeon to dissect the underlying fat pockets.
Is this for me?
This is suitable for patients who have observed:
- Puffiness or bags under the lower lids
- Excess skin and wrinkles on the lower lids
- Loose folds of skin on the upper eyelids
- Low set or absence of upper eyelid folds (Orientals)
How long does it take?
The procedure lasts from 2 – 3 hours.
How long is the downtime?
1 to 2 weeks. You could be back to work after several days and back.